Server Reset

Started by King_Ozymandios, November 28, 2016, 11:43:53 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

King_Ozymandios

So I read on the previous forums that there could be a server reset. Personally i am interested in this, but I am curious what everyone else's thoughts on the matter is

rev_xpurple

If we do a reset then going to 1.11 is pretty trivial.

But, then countless ours of work on the current map lost, and we had a reset not tat long ago.

El_Huhn

November 28, 2016, 12:55:47 pm #2 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:14:18 pm by El_Huhn
I'd like to continue building. Every map was reset long before I considered my home finished. You can always remove your bed, kill yourself and start all over if you want to.

EDIT

I especially don't like to repeat the mundane tasks, like finding rare ores, grinding exp for countless enchants, collecting different plants, and so on.
Would it be possible to give everyone about two weeks time to put their favorite items in the enderchest and then only transfer everyones enderchest over?
I'd love to build and frolic with you guys. But my other games need love too... (14.10.2019)

MiningMarten

Quote from: El_Huhn on November 28, 2016, 12:55:47 pm
I'd like to continue building. Every map was reset long before I considered my home finished. You can always remove your bed, kill yourself and start all over if you want to.

I'd like to add to this that not even the entire map has been discovered. More than enough space to 'restart'.
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

King_Ozymandios

Fair enough, thanks for your guy's input

rev_xpurple

Quote from: El_Huhn on November 28, 2016, 12:55:47 pm

EDIT

I especially don't like to repeat the mundane tasks, like finding rare ores, grinding exp for countless enchants, collecting different plants, and so on.
Would it be possible to give everyone about two weeks time to put their favorite items in the enderchest and then only transfer everyones enderchest over?

When we upgrade I plan to use the same map.  And with it will come a map expansion so we get the new generated builds.

Creepasaurusrex

My personal opinion on a server reset is to absolutely do it. I love new maps, and all the hustle and bustle of getting it started. But that is where the fun in this game lies for me.

But I do understand and see so many people with amazingly beautiful as well as incredibly large scale being developed across the map. So perhaps right now would not be the time for a server reset, but maybe to check back in, in say a month or so? To re-open this discussion and see the progress people have made in regards to their builds?

El_Huhn

I'd love to build and frolic with you guys. But my other games need love too... (14.10.2019)

Go Up