][ <-- This close to quitting

Started by MiningMarten, January 06, 2017, 10:51:56 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MiningMarten

January 06, 2017, 10:51:56 am Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:31:47 pm by MiningMarten
Alright.. i am not going to make this any more pretty than it is.
I am furious and deeply dissapointed in how things "apparently" are going on the server.

Here i am trying my best to keep the server 'as vanilla as possible' but still fun and challenging for everyone.
Not all changes go lightly, and i aimed to have them as balanced as possible. Which meens that sometimes things need a change. (like a button that brings you back to old spawn for example).

But than you get online, only to find a commandblock installed on a clock, continuesly spawning in black wool for a ridiculously ambitious project.
This breaks like so many of our current rules, that i don't know where to start.

Besides it being against the rules this seriously goes agains everything i've ever stood for while managing this server and it just leaves me startled and like unbelievably pissed off.
Its demotivating, destructive for the community, ignorant and in the least amount unfair.

I don't want to have anyone come to me about unfair stuff on the server. I'm not the one fixing other peoples shit anymore.. Not like this.
I've tried to make everyone happy. Worked my ass off for this place. Only to encounter this bullshit.
Currently I have no idea what is holding me back from resigning as a moderator.
In all honesty, i don't know if i really want to play anymore at this point.

This: >:(

Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

Rose

licdlfg

rev_xpurple set it up after I joked with him about how much material we need.

What is the alternative? Creating a giant farm bigger than the one at Barrendome's with, what, 200+ entities? Probably more. Hoppers and redstone included.

I created a miniature farm already which has something like 60 sheep in it, guesstimating. That lags the server. Going to Barrendome's place, that lags the server.

Based on what I saw at Barrendome's place his farm is smaller than the miniature farm I made (produces less wool per hour).

I have a second account which can remain online separate from my own playtime so getting all the material wouldn't be an impossibility. The end result is the same.

My interpretation of my conversation with rev_xpurple was that as the server performance currently starts to tank at around 6 online players anyway it would be unfair to the other players to create a farm to get the wool.
Of course there could be no hidden meaning behind it, maybe he was just chatting. To me it sounded like there were some as of yet unsolved issues, though.

From my perspective I don't care whether I create a farm that makes lag or not. I'm making a thing because I want to make it.
If the server owner willingly creates a command block to save the server from lag I'm not gonna tell him to fuck off. It's good for me and indirectly good for the players.

For the record his command block works at basically the same speed, depending on the size even slower, than a maximized auto-farm. So it's not a time-saver. Rather a lag-preventer.

In any case I suppose I'm responsible for allowing this. It wouldn't be a terrible insult to ban me for this. I should've probably been banned already anyway ::)

rev_xpurple

I second this.  I did it for the challenge and it prevents server lag.

I've taken it down.  At no point did I mean to offend anyone.  I'll make sure to never do this again.

Totally my fault.

MiningMarten

I calmed down, and settled in a more relaxed state now.

Thanks for the extensive explanation lic.

Thanks for the convo on discord rev.

I'll close this thread.

Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

Go Up