Future and management of the spawn cities

Started by FishSandwich, January 07, 2017, 07:15:58 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FishSandwich

January 07, 2017, 07:15:58 am Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:07:59 pm by FishSandwich
Was planning to make this topic for a few days now, but after some discussion about the spawn cities in discord last night, I figured I should get to it.

So, as we all know, Marten has generously provided a new worldspawn that teleports players 5000 blocks out in any direction. This makes for the possibility to create a new spawn city in each of these 4 directions. Sadly, with the low influx of new players the server has, it won't look like they'll get there anytime soon. More so, I don't think new players who have nothing to their name would be willing to create entire cities by themselves, so I feel like it is both a great opportunity and our duty to create these spawn cities for them instead. By the community, with the community, for the community.

Of course, as we see from the original spawn, an unchecked community city quickly turns into a junkyard circus on a downhill slope, with each new building looking even more out of place than the one before it. That's why I propose to call something into life. Introducing:

The First Council

The First Council, otherwise known as the council of imgurcraft & the united spawncities (or COITUS for short) is a small group of community members that manage the spawn cities together so everything goes according to plan and we don't end up with things like giant cube shaped mazes in the middle of town.

In it's beginning stages, I'd like the council to contain 5 members. 4 of these, the council members, act as representatives of one of the 4 cities. Don't see them as a position of power like a mayor or king, but rather a figure of authority you should respect. No council member has direct power over an entire city, as the council members answer to the people instead of the other way around. Rather, they are there to enforce (for lack of a better word) the shared ideas of the entire council. You can address them if you need any help, resources or guidelines for contributing to the cities, or if you have any ideas that you think would benefit the city. The council member can then in turn ask the rest of the council for resources or advice.

The fifth member of the First Council is known as the High Councellor. While not a direct representative of any of the 4 cities, he is there to make sure the council meetings take place in an orderly fashion. He is in a way their leader, but still answers to the people just like the 4 council members. He can call the council into meeting if he deems it necessary, and his opinion carries just as much weight as any of the council members. He also oversees the distribution of resources between the cities.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't really have anyone in mind for any of these positions yet, but since TheRibz has already put in some work on the western spawn city, I'd like to ask him to become that city's representative if he doesn't mind. Also, someone in discord last night had the idea of making one of the spawn cities have a lot of mini-games (Sorry I can't remember who you were for the life of me), so maybe they should consider trying to join the council as well. I'd personally like to apply for the position of High Councellor, but since I'm the one who came up with this whole thing and I don't tend to be the most pleasant person to deal with, I can understand why some people don't agree with this, so certainly voice your concern and/or if there are any other takers.

Also, disclaimer, but the council will have no influence on server management whatsoever if anybody ever got that idea. We can't make decisions like "we need a black wool spawner" that one of the moderators would then have to construct. This is purely for the smooth construction of the cities so we can work on them as a community and help new players get started.

jakeNightShade

So the question is how dose one apply for a positon

FishSandwich

You say so. in a comment. just like yours. or this one.

jakeNightShade

Well then i would like to apply for a position. North town preferably.

MiningMarten

Coitus, hue hue hue.

Awesome idea, love it! No appliction from me as part of the 'management' but count me in as pleb who just builds a shop in all the cities :)
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

Funky_Swunk

ericchoicares

May I be given the responsibility of east spawn? Thinking of calling it Narnia with C.S.Lewis themes.
p.s. you can call me the Yellow Witch

FishSandwich

King_Ozymandios

I would love to lead the efforts for the west spawn.

theribz

great idea fisheh! although i would love to be in the council i feel i'm not suitable for the task but i'm down to continue building on the western spawn!
:)

jakeNightShade

this a spreed sheet for whos working on what spawn according to me and Werck it Ralf.

ericchoicares

for some clarification, would the spawn cities be like the RPG cities in the previous map?

MiningMarten

Quote from: ericchoicares on January 10, 2017, 12:06:32 pm
for some clarification, would the spawn cities be like the RPG cities in the previous map?

No, the 4 spawn cities will just be 4 spawn cities. No 'bonus' features will be added by the moderators.
What the community descides to do with them is up to them.

They could ofc. create some sort of quest/npc's and stuff, but so far no commandblock business ;)

But who knows ::)
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

FishSandwich

Alright, so there's a few changes.

Firstly, I'm cutting the size of the council down to 4 people, one representative of each city. So there will not be a High Councillor to keep us in check, and instead we will keep ourselves in check.

Secondly, I won't have a vote for the members like I was originally planning. It's moving pretty slow as it is, so we should just get to it.

The members of the First Council are as follows:

- JakeNightShade, representative of the north.
- Ericchoicares, representative of the east.
- FishSandwich, representative of the south.
- FruKaka, representative of the west (Sorry King, Fru called it 9 hours before you in the discord chat ): )

If you want to help with any of the cities, all of them follow a certain theme. The north is an old-timey town as far as I can tell, the theme seems very general at least so lots of possibility to contribute! The east city follows a magical theme heavily based on Narnia from the book of CS Lewis if that's your cup of tea. The south city follows a viking theme, which has a lot of possibility for PvP based builds since vikings are all about strength. For the west city, Frukaka has planned a futuristic city, so if you're one of those people who prefers building in a more modern style, this is the place to be. if you want to help out, I'd suggest addressing the representatives. They could help out with incorporating your idea within the grand scheme of the city, and I'm sure they're also willing to help out as much as they can!

I hope this is the beginning of a fruitful collaboration.

theribz

Quote from: FishSandwich on January 10, 2017, 01:14:06 pm
For the west city, Frukaka has planned a futuristic city, so if you're one of those people who prefers building in a more modern style.

aww that means my garden and house is out of the picture :(
:)

Go Up