Item Duplication using Donkeys & End Portal

Started by BarrenDome, February 27, 2017, 06:20:48 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BarrenDome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THUeJcKXoJM

Don't know if this would work on the server or not. Also not sure how everyone would feel about using this, since technically not cheating since you're using the in-game mechanics.

rev_xpurple

That's a funny bug.  Though, I have to say, the amount of trouble it is, I'm not too worried about it.

theribz

hey barren! channel is going good i see! great video, im not so sure if this would be considered legal. i mean im all for TNT duping for perimeters or giant holes, because there you don't actually keep the item.

what does everybody els think? i mean we're trying to set up a somewhat working economy here and this would definitely ruin that
:)

chesterqw

with no economy plugin, this is much harmless :x

but, it is still cheating if you exploiting bugs/glitch ;)
( ยด-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

theribz

how is this harmless? our main currency is diamonds, seeing as we dont really need them for crafting yet they are hard enough to obtain, and duping diamonds would inflate the economy....sooooo yeah this is harmfull
:)

Funky_Swunk

It's a very cool glitch, but I'd still categorize it as cheating.

FishSandwich

It's a glitch, so yes, it's in the game, but it's not intended to be in the game. This is just the /give command with a lot of extra steps because you're not allowed to use commands. Also known as cheating.

Rose

I vote we make using this strategy illegal.
I couldn't think of anyone willing to go through the trouble, but just in case.

MiningMarten

Quote from: Rose on March 01, 2017, 11:09:42 am
I vote we make using this strategy illegal.
I couldn't think of anyone willing to go through the trouble, but just in case.

#DonkeyLifesMatter
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

coladict

So the donkey has to touch the lava and the portal block simultaneously? I don't think that can actually be done without creative, because the portal gets destroyed. I might try it in local survival to be sure.

BarrenDome

I was just checking. Yeah it is a lot trouble to do with breeding donkeys and breaking end portal frame (which could potentially render it useless), especially given the number of end portals we have.
Not something I really need since my Industrial Complex provides everything for me automatically.  ;)

Go Up