Welcome our new mod!

Started by rev_xpurple, March 06, 2017, 12:39:11 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rev_xpurple

March 06, 2017, 12:39:11 am Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:51:44 am by rev_xpurple
I'd like to announce that after much internal debate, FishSandwich has been added to the mod team.  His schedule fits in well with the rest of ours to provide easier access to a mod when needed.

If there are any questions please post them here.

Thanks
rev_xpurple

chesterqw

( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

FishSandwich

In al seriousness, I hope to be there to help you all in times of need! And of course get myself out of trouble because let's face it, that was mostly me.

rev_xpurple

Rose

March 06, 2017, 09:24:02 am #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:28:35 am by Rose
I for one welcome our new Fish overlord!

(But shouldn't new mods be a community decision, not just an internal one?)

rev_xpurple

Quote from: Rose on March 06, 2017, 09:24:02 am
I for one welcome our new Fish overlord!

(But shouldn't new mods be a community decision, not just an internal one?)

We had a need, Fish was a perfect fit and all mod votes were in agreement.  With the influx of new players we felt that it was needed.

Rose

I feel like you don't really get what I'm trying to say. I don't disagree with you making the decision, it just would've been nice if you'd asked us how we felt about it before finalizing it.

FishSandwich

March 06, 2017, 11:31:47 am #7 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:08:04 pm by FishSandwich
If I can chime in on this as baby mod: There were multiple reasons why there wasn't a community vote.

Firstly, as rev said, all mod votes were in agreement. There wasn't really a need for the community to act as a tie breaker because the decision was unanimous.

Secondly, the community votes were Pref's decision. Pref isn't in charge of the server anymore, he left that to Marten when he was largely inactive and now to rev. Moreso, Pref was building a mod team from the ground up, there wasn't a group of moderators already established to vote for new applying moderators. Right now there's a solid team of moderators with a solid vision for the server who know where they're going, while Pref was figuring things out as he went along.

Thirdly, as it's always been with our community votes in the past, someone's always going to be butthurt no matter the outcome. And not to toot my own horn here, but if Chester was voted as mod by the community (No offense buddy), I doubt they wouldn't just vote me as well with all the mods approving of me. Might as well cut to the chase.

Not to mention I'm just a fresh moderator! I'm not "in charge" of the server in the way rev or Marten are who actively make decisions on server rules and additions like new spawn. I'm just here to whitelist people, add markers and help out :)

chesterqw

my 2 cents:

This wasn't a decision by just rev alone but rather from a discussion between the current moderators and rev. All of us agreed that fish would be a welcomed addition to the current moderating team.

We know the main fear is that a single person might be making decisions for the entire community, but rest assured that decisions made regarding the server are deliberated among rev and us before anything is implemented or changed.

As with all current mods, he is to follow a strict moderator code in order to prevent abuse of OP.

Trust us that fish will be under supervision until we are sure that fish will be okay on his own.

So, why wasn't there a community vote this time round:
1) Lengthy process
2) Bias in nature
3) Some things are best handled internally
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

MiningMarten

Non the less we will make sure to hear the community next time.
Just to get more input on their ideas and suggestions, and involve them in the process.

With the current amount of moderators we are able to make well balanced and thoughtful decisions.
But the last thing we want is to rule you guys out!

Sorry if you felt that way rose, thanks for bringing it up!
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

ericchoicares

i for one welcome our new fish overlord! can we get an updated list of OP's.

rev_xpurple

Quote from: ericchoicares on March 07, 2017, 10:42:50 am
i for one welcome our new fish overlord! can we get an updated list of OP's.

FishSandwich
CreepasaurusRex
rev_xpurple
Chesterqw
TheKaelas - enabled, but have not seen active in quite a while.
MiningMarten

bobbobogaming

Go Up