FronkTech Witcherizer Open For Use!

Started by Borderlad, June 01, 2017, 10:13:16 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Borderlad

June 01, 2017, 10:13:16 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:51:51 pm by Borderlad
[Fronk isn't really feeling the creative spark today, so he's asked me to write the announcement.]

Fellow ImgurCraftians, FronkTech Ltd. is pleased to announce the grand opening of our Northwest Quadrant Witcherizer!
Inconveniently located because witches do what they want, we are found at (-4541, -5048) in the Overworld.  Whether you prefer to arrive via land, sea, air, or Nether, we accommodate your travel strategy.  Directions through the Nether are provided below.

We are open to all, and the drops are free, with a couple slight provisions.
Please be sure to read the rules section.  We don't want to have to shut down the farm.

Firstly, lets look at what goodies you can nab here...

Goodies Witches Drop

- Redstone Dust
     - Glowstone Dust
     - Gunpowder
     - Sugar
     - Spider Eyes
     - Glass Bottles
     - Sticks

Each is sorted into its own collection chest.
This is done partly for your convenience, and partly because building a sorter makes us feel pretty cool.
Plus, in case of unforseen weirdness (hey, Heisenberg wasn't wrong... -ooor was he...?), we have provided a chest for miscellaneous & overflow.  The overflow chest also feeds into a trash disposal, should you need one.  It's frightfully complicated.  There's a lever.

In addition to witch drops, we have provided the following harvestables:

- Nether Wart (indoor nursery)
     - Wheat (indoor field)
     - Vines

We have also provided several additional amenities.

- On/Off switch:  Please turn the farm off when not in use.
     - Crafting Station:  Crafting Table, Anvil, Brewing Stands (2), Infinite Water, Ender Chest.
     - Furnaces
     - Bed
     - Boat Entrance:  With holding chest.  Only take whatever boats you brought.
     - Nether Portal:  Horse friendly.  Our portal will not suffocate your horse, nor crack your skull when you dismount.
     - Horse Stalls:  Safe indoor stalls for your steed.

The farm and all the surrounding area are fully lit up to shut down hostile mob spawning anywhere but in the witches' spawn chambers.  Please leave the torches & other lighting intact, or hostile mobs will spawn and erode the production rate of the farm.  Fronk wants me to specifically say: "Less Light = Less Loot."  I guess we could call that the 4L rule?

Last thing before I list the rules of the farm:
Remember that hostile mob spawning (without block spawners) in a multiplayer world is not as cut & dry as it is in a singleplayer world.  Basically, they're like cats: they'll come when they want to, and not a moment before.  Sometimes it takes a while (even multiple minutes) before the witches start spawning.  Be patient.  If you are patient, they will come.  Another bit of pithy witticism from Fronk: "Patience = Profit."

Enjoy!

-----------------
  RULES
-----------------

1.  Keep Consumables Stocked
   - Bring fuel as needed for brewing stands & furnaces.
   - Replace the anvil if it breaks.
   - Replant the nether wart & wheat.

2.  Do not fiddle in the Maintenance areas
   - They are clearly marked with signs.
   - They are behind iron doors.
   - They are for FronkTech personnel only.

3.  Leave the trees be
   - If you must chop down trees, please replant every one.
   - Trees are friends, not food.

4.  Don't take someone else's loot
   - If someone is afk there, let it be.

5.  Don't hog the farm and afk there forever
   - It's not your private farm, it's there for everybody.

----------------------
  DIRECTIONS
----------------------

From the Nether Hub
Take the West Tunnel to (-1105, 30)
Turn North, go to (-1105, -635)
Turn East, into a glass-sided tunnel.  Go East until you find a portal.
Through that portal is the Witcherizer.

(A more direct & convenient tunnel connection is under consideration for a future project.)

The_ribz

looks amazing! what are the drop rates though? or you haven't had time to test it

Fronkensteen

Thank you ribz!

I haven't run a specific test on the rates, yet.  Got it finished, and I have been a bit exhausted & dealing with things IRL for a few days.  However...

During the overnight push I made to get the structures & wiring all finished, I let it run as much as I could.  It filled about 1/2 to 2/3 of the first rows of every collection chest.  I was not keeping track of how long I took to get it done that evening.  Best guess ~ 4-6 hours.  When Lad built the witch statue on top, he reported similar drop rates.

I do want to state clearly, though, that natural mob spawning on a multiplayer server is not something I know how to predict the rates for.  What I know for sure is that it takes way longer for them to start spawning on ImgurCraft than in my test world (which is a regular world - not flat - just single player).  In my test world, they begin positively crowding up the spawn chambers the moment I'm far enough away for them to spawn.  On ImgurCraft, it sometimes takes up to ~ 5-10 minutes before the first one appears.  Both the evening I was finishing the farm and the time Lad took to build the statue, there was only 1 other person on during most of those hours.  Again, I do not know the algorithm for mob spawning on a multiplayer server, but I bet the number of players online affects the outcome.  My best advice is to block out some time to afk there, and be patient while it does its thing.

I will ultimately make my way back down there to retrieve my doggies.  They are not destined to live their lives forever within a horse stall in my witch farm.  I have a happier doggie home in mind for them.

Hope the farm serves everyone well!   :)
This... Is... My... BOOMSTICK!

Go Up