The road to 1.12!

Started by rev_xpurple, June 08, 2017, 03:12:29 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rev_xpurple

June 08, 2017, 03:12:29 pm Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:16:47 pm by rev_xpurple
So, 12.12 is out.  That means server updates.  But we are going to give it a week or so before I actually update.  I'll also be making a full backup of the server before just to be safe.  I'll announce here when that's going to happen as there will be several hours of downtime.

Also, we are keeping the current map unless there is something serious that prevents us from doing so.

FishSandwich

Ellenoria

June 23, 2017, 10:59:08 pm #2 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:58:25 am by Ellenoria
Major 1.12 bugs so far:
Mobs glitching through/into walls upon relogging or unloading/reloading chunks or when baby animals grow up
Edit: mobs are glitching into blocks heavily and it's not 100% based on relogging. My villagers are walking into blocks and dying from suffocation. Probably should wait for this bug to be fixed before updating the main server to 1.12

That's the only one I've noticed. There are some reports of chunks not loading properly but they're solved by f3+A or relogging.

Instamine ghost blocks and getting stuck on trampled tilled land bugs are still around, as mojang doesn't believe that either bugs exist for some reason.

coladict

The mobs glitching into walls and suffocating has been around for at least as long as I've been playing (MC 1.4). It's not new and it was never fixed, no matter what lies Mojang tells you about it.

FishSandwich

Ellenoria

July 02, 2017, 12:55:17 am #5 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:04:17 am by Ellenoria
it wasn't nearly as frequent as it is now, I've been losing about 5 or 6 villagers every time i login, and then about 4 more while I'm online. in the current imgurcraft map I haven't lost any villagers to that specific bug and I'm using the same build on the 1.12 map. They might have never 100% fixed it, but they did make it a hell of a lot better after 1.8 until now

Also, it seems like the bug is mostly with solid blocks, I've overcrowded my cow farm and haven't had any phase through the fences unless a baby one grows up inside the fence corner.

Edit: It could also be a server plugin that makes the bug worse, not 100% sure since I don't play single player often.

FishSandwich

Considering this if the official version of 1.12 though, I don't think they plan on fixing it this update.

Ellenoria

Yeah, they might release a 1.12.1 or something but that's not really what they've been doing the past few major releases.

They'll probably wait to "fix" it for 1.13, but 1.13 also sounds like a scary update since they're reworking the entire code of the game basically...

FunkthulhuPrime

So, are we updating now, or waiting for 1.13? 

Do I need to dial back to 1.11.2 to get on the server?

Ellenoria

for now it's still 1.11.2, rev's planning on updating it to 1.12 as long as it doesn't break anything.
also
1.13 looks like an optimization/coding update so far

https://youtu.be/GvDuF-GExDA

rev_xpurple

Quote from: Ellenoria on July 04, 2017, 11:50:15 pm
for now it's still 1.11.2, rev's planning on updating it to 1.12 as long as it doesn't break anything.
also
1.13 looks like an optimization/coding update so far

https://youtu.be/GvDuF-GExDA

So, we now have 1.12, official.  Some things may be broken, please report.

Go Up