Theme park!

Started by Ellenoria, July 04, 2017, 12:28:52 am

previous topic - next topic

Theme park????

YES (YEAH THEME PARKS I LOVE THEME PARKS DO IT)
7 (30.4%)
Yes (it'd be something cool)
6 (26.1%)
Meh (indifferent)
1 (4.3%)
no (I don't think it'd be beneficial to the server)
0 (0%)
NO (FUDGE THEME PARKS I HATE THEME PARKS DONT DO IT)
1 (4.3%)
I would like to help with the project
4 (17.4%)
buttcracks
4 (17.4%)
Yes, but not in the proposed location
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Ellenoria

I'd like to make a large theme park and would like to know if there's anyone else interested in building minigames and stuff.

I was thinking about putting it on the mushroom island at 1200 -8500, because that way mobs wouldn't be spawning constantly and we could use lighting aesthetically instead of practically.

If that's too far away, maybe a button at spawn could take you there and back (probably not since that feels a little cheaty but if everyone agrees then definitely)

Stuff like an elytra course, boat races, a huge pvp arena... that'd all be pretty cool.

If no one is interested then I won't build it, but if a lot of people are down then it could be like a community thing with different sized plots for people to build in.

ericchoicares

Quote from: Ellenoria on July 04, 2017, 12:28:52 am
huge pvp arena...

I was thinking of implementing some mobs into my pvp arena. I'd like to build the arena if you'll have me(if you are going to start said park). If there's a spawner within that location, then I can integrate that into a combat challenge (or some mob platform).

Ellenoria

There is a forest attached to the island, so you could also build it there, but i will scout the area soon and consider the arena yours my friend!

if we have to we can have multiple layers so the arena can go underground or something if the spawner is really far down :o

Ellenoria

I've done a quick sweep of the area, and there are a few pools of water that are ocean biomes within the island, so that could also be a good spot for the arena.

There's a nether portal at 150, 55, -1050 ish, should be attached to the north rail, it was made as soon as the map expanded a longgggg time ago so i don't know for sure.

ericchoicares

Quote from: Ellenoria on July 06, 2017, 02:13:08 am
there are a few pools of water that are ocean biomes within the island, so that could also be a good spot for the arena.

thinking of http://server.imgurcraft.com/?worldname=world&mapname=flat&zoom=6&x=1193&y=64&z=-8564 for a circular/modular arena? hoping to build it aesthetically and robust (if we want to change challenges/pvp environments)

Ellenoria

July 07, 2017, 11:55:24 pm #5 Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:25:07 am by Ellenoria
That would be cool, I also got Rev to help and he found three spawners that are close to the surface, two zombies and a skeleton. He'd probably make it so they wouldn't drop xp or items. Otherwise I'm just gonna break the spawners if they get in the way of anything.

I'm going to start flattening the place out. If anything it'll just be a few hours wasted since there are a bunch more mushroom biomes out there.

ericchoicares

If anyone would like transparency for the arena... I'm thinking of it as a tower with different levels hosting different combat challenges (if you have additional arena ideas, please contribute to this thread): top will be an elytra quidditch arena, pure pvp arena (dynamic landscape can be adjusted to whatever theme challengers would like), return of Spleef! (if ribz would like to collaborate on this), pve against zombies/skeles hordes mode

For overall appearance... I'm getting inspirations from anime/manga One Piece's Dressrosa coliseum: platform in the middle surrounded by spectator stands. I'd like this arena to encompass most combat challenges so that we don't have to build additional attractions to the theme park.

Ellenoria

So far my ideas are mostly races xD
Elytra race/ obstacle course
Packed ice boat races
and possibly a horse race where you don't get to see the horse that you choose until it's time to race. (tried my best to think of something like that horse race game where you choose a cardboard horse and it randomly goes and stops until it reaches the finish)

Other not race ideas
Haunted house that's as scary as minecraft can possibly make it xD
Roller coaster/monorail that goes around the whole island
maze/puzzle rooms
slime block bounce house that flings you into oblivion
archery course
Fishing (for dropped items, certain ones give more points yada yada)
and I REALLLY want to make a working ferris wheel, but it wouldn't look very pretty with how much redstone it would take to build it...

there are a couple more minigames that i'd like to build but they're really difficult to explain so i won't mention them lmao

Go Up