Server update - forum

Started by rev_xpurple, July 29, 2017, 05:27:53 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rev_xpurple

The server the forum runs on will be updated tomorrow.  There will be a period of several hours where it will not be accessible.  Don't worry, it will come back up.

rev_xpurple

Server has been updated.  And it looks like some of the defaults came back.  Sorry about that everyone.  We will get that rolled back to a dark theme as soon as possible.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks!

rev_xpurple

Anyone having issues getting on the server needs to use the IP address 68.189.237.60.

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

coladict

A bit more than a day of notice would have been good, given that the site and forums were also down, so I couldn't even find anyone to ask what's going on.

FishSandwich

Quote from: coladict on August 01, 2017, 12:11:49 pmA bit more than a day of notice would have been good, given that the site and forums were also down, so I couldn't even find anyone to ask what's going on.

You should consider getting discord and joining the group chat.

coladict

Quote from: FishSandwich on August 01, 2017, 12:58:36 pm
Quote from: coladict on August 01, 2017, 12:11:49 pmA bit more than a day of notice would have been good, given that the site and forums were also down, so I couldn't even find anyone to ask what's going on.

You should consider getting discord and joining the group chat.
I just uninstalled TeamSpeak yesterday, which I hadn't used in years. Discord would suffer the same fate. I do still keep mIRC around for filesharing (DejaToons has rare shit you can't find on torrents), but rarely use it, and I'm always on ICQ with 0 contacts ;D

FishSandwich

Quote from: coladict on August 01, 2017, 03:49:57 pmI just uninstalled TeamSpeak yesterday, which I hadn't used in years. Discord would suffer the same fate. I do still keep mIRC around for filesharing (DejaToons has rare shit you can't find on torrents), but rarely use it, and I'm always on ICQ with 0 contacts ;D

But you'd join the group chat and get to enjoy all our fun antics. Plus you can reach rev and the mods outside of the forums, which is your exact problem.

rev_xpurple

Sorry about the short notice.  It's been in the "works" for a while now.  It was just a matter of when I was able to dedicate a six hour block of time to doing it.

I work on call and any plans I set in place are likely to change at a moment's notice.

Rev_xpurple

Funky_Swunk

Also I never installed Discord. I use the in-browser functions and that's fine. It's just a bookmark.

https://discord.gg/b9qhHSV

^ clicky clicky!

chesterqw

i use discord for text chats a lot more than anything else.
( ยด-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

rev_xpurple

Good point.  Yeah, discord is where I make all real time announcements.

Had the server switch with the DNS gone smoothly downtime would have only been a couple hours.  It's just because DNS was being a pain that it ended up being the problem that it was.

Also, DNS is freaking magic.  More so, much of it involves other servers that I have no control over and waiting for things to "move through the network" and not all servers honor the time to live that I set in my config files.

Go Up