Why I can't play on this server anymore

Started by boxpipe, August 16, 2017, 09:17:53 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

boxpipe

I was in the nether at someone's wither spawn, just chatting with the folks online, when an admin jumped to where I was and proceeded to fill the room with mobs. Then when I seemed upset, he cleared the mobs from the room.

I was a little miffed. See, how can I spend my days grinding for materials to build my property when an admin can come along and do what he likes? I said as much and asked how often admins abuse their privilege to get things done. I believe the answer was, "I think Marten's place is vanilla."

I've seen some incredible things on this server and I was completely amazed at the time and effort that has gone into some of the work. But now I can't believe anything. And I can't spend time grinding for materials when you give admins free reign to do whatever they hell they like.

You can say that it doesn't happen that often, or that it not that much was done by admin. However I remember the very first exchange of chat I saw when I joined the server. Someone lamented that they accidentally destroyed their enchanter chest because they forgot they needed a tool with silk touch. Then moments later, they declared, "There is a god!"

Good luck, guys. I'm out.

FishSandwich

Whoever told you the whole "I think marten's place is legit" thing isn't really up to date. Unless they're actually trying to imply that the base I built before I even was a mod was built by abusing mod powers.

chesterqw

Quote from: FishSandwich on August 17, 2017, 02:13:22 amWhoever told you the whole "I think marten's place is legit" thing isn't really up to date. Unless they're actually trying to imply that the base I built before I even was a mod was built by abusing mod powers.

my place is vanilla too T_T
( ยด-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

rev_xpurple

Quote from: boxpipe on August 16, 2017, 09:17:53 pmI was in the nether at someone's wither spawn, just chatting with the folks online, when an admin jumped to where I was and proceeded to fill the room with mobs. Then when I seemed upset, he cleared the mobs from the room.

I was a little miffed. See, how can I spend my days grinding for materials to build my property when an admin can come along and do what he likes? I said as much and asked how often admins abuse their privilege to get things done. I believe the answer was, "I think Marten's place is vanilla."

I've seen some incredible things on this server and I was completely amazed at the time and effort that has gone into some of the work. But now I can't believe anything. And I can't spend time grinding for materials when you give admins free reign to do whatever they hell they like.

You can say that it doesn't happen that often, or that it not that much was done by admin. However I remember the very first exchange of chat I saw when I joined the server. Someone lamented that they accidentally destroyed their enchanter chest because they forgot they needed a tool with silk touch. Then moments later, they declared, "There is a god!"

Good luck, guys. I'm out.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We appreciate feedback.

We have looked into this situation and spoke with the mod in question.  This will not be a problem again.  Everything on the server is logged.  Also, just to be sure, no harm was intended.

In regards to the Vanilla/creative aspects of this server, we are 99% survival.  What I mean by this is that pretty much everything on this server was done "by hand" in survival.  Mods may make edits to things for the community good, or for testing.  Once in a while it goes beyond this, but generally with the community in mind.

As for the bit about replacing a broken ender chest.  That's totally on me.  We normally don't do that, but that was a long time player who made a mistake.  We do not normally do that.  I just happened to be in a helpful mood.  We, as mods try to be helpful when we can.  This also means sometimes fixing stupid mistakes.

We are a rather close and friendly community and the mods try to play an active role in what's going on with people in game.  This means quite a bit of interaction with players.

I do thank you for your constructive criticism.

Rev_xpurple
Server Owner

rev_xpurple

Quote from: chesterqw on August 17, 2017, 02:20:10 am
Quote from: FishSandwich on August 17, 2017, 02:13:22 amWhoever told you the whole "I think marten's place is legit" thing isn't really up to date. Unless they're actually trying to imply that the base I built before I even was a mod was built by abusing mod powers.

my place is vanilla too T_T

As is mine.

Go Up