Not right now
2 (18.2%)
Never
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

chopin

Hey everyone!

I was looking at the current nether hub, and had the idea to do a little revamp. Make it bigger, emphasize directions/colors, show who lives down each direction, etc.

Right now I have possible dimensions of the new nether hub as a circle/square/other shape with radius 22 blocks to 25 blocks (so that the new hub doesn't encroach on anyone's portals) . The current hub is about 10 blocks

My inspiration (need more!) https://imgur.com/a/rwk0D#0 ; http://imgur.com/a/PdQsQ

My idea for clearer directions, these would be above the rail entrances (WIP)

is this something you would want to see? Something you might want to help design or build? Is this completely unnecessary and stupid? Let me know!

FishSandwich

I like this! Always felt like it was a little small. There was always supposed to be a level above the current small hub, but since the creator quit the server that never really happened. If you need any materials, I can donate some (except the clay, I have everything to funky. But I do have tons of quartz)

chesterqw

No permission was given by rev to start revamp.

Even if so, the nether hub was a community build, and the same community agreed any big changes to the server that will affect/concern everyone is to be ok-ed by a majority of us before going forward.

Please do not take our kindness as our weakness.
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

Funky_Swunk

chopin

Quote from: chesterqw on August 17, 2017, 02:48:56 amNo permission was given by rev to start revamp.

Even if so, the nether hub was a community build, and the same community agreed any big changes to the server that will affect/concern everyone is to be ok-ed by a majority of us before going forward.

Please do not take our kindness as our weakness.

My bad, I thought rev said he was okay with it. Like I've said before, I will not start this project unless most people are on board and others want to help. Personally I think that it's not a big deal to change it, only because the current hub is so small and easily malleable. I was told that the person/people who built the original don't play anymore, so I just wanted to take some initiative. Again, sorry for the confusion

FishSandwich

Quote from: chopin on August 17, 2017, 01:26:57 pmI was told that the person/people who built the original don't play anymore

The person who designed it doesn't play anymore. Me and Chester, amongst others, are still very much on the server :p

rev_xpurple

I'm going to restate that I support adding on angled lines.  I think it's a good idea.  But, good to get community opinion first since this effects everybody.

Funky_Swunk

The designer might peek around sometime soon. If we're talking about Mr. M.M, I'll see him soon and I'll ask. He was on recently actually.

FishSandwich

Quote from: Funky_Swunk on August 17, 2017, 02:46:38 pmThe designer might peek around sometime soon. If we're talking about Mr. M.M, I'll see him soon and I'll ask. He was on recently actually.

We're talking about Mr. L. M.

Funky_Swunk

Manlyman95

i wouldn't minds seeing a new hub i think as long as it doesn't mess with any ones personal stuff, i think it'll be fine.

oh and more in between tunnels would be nice (ne se nw sw)

Praise the lord and phallus amen.

FishSandwich

Quote from: Manlyman95 on August 17, 2017, 04:37:00 pmi wouldn't minds seeing a new hub i think as long as it doesn't mess with any ones personal stuff, i think it'll be fine.

More inbetween tunnels would most likely mess with one's personal stuff though.

chesterqw

Quote from: Manlyman95 on August 17, 2017, 04:37:00 pmi wouldn't minds seeing a new hub i think as long as it doesn't mess with any ones personal stuff, i think it'll be fine.

it would mess a lot of people up actually, if you did in between tunnels.
( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

Manlyman95

yes but if we don't do it and we get more players it will be harder for people out on the frontier  in those directions and their tunnels to link up to the main line with have to be ridiculously long, wasting precious materials and time and not to mention life and limb, they will become so long that it wouldn't be worth it to connect to them.

Praise the lord and phallus amen.

chopin

Quote from: Manlyman95 on August 18, 2017, 10:06:25 pmyes but if we don't do it and we get more players it will be harder for people out on the frontier  in those directions and their tunnels to link up to the main line with have to be ridiculously long, wasting precious materials and time and not to mention life and limb, they will become so long that it wouldn't be worth it to connect to them.

the simple solution is to make the tracks 10 blocks higher or lower, which would avoid most builds

also my main idea wasn't to make new tracks or mess with the tunnels at all, just to make the center area bigger and friendlier, shame my work had to be rolled back

Go Up