Community

Started by dba11er, November 10, 2017, 11:53:58 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

dba11er

Does it exist anymore? Once upon a time I remember this being a very "Tight Nit" server. Granted I've been pretty abscent since the new leadership (nothing against Rev). I miss the old days and I wasn't even around in the true beginning. Lets get some community projects going again! :-D

BarrenDome

Yeah I was pretty absent myself for the last year, but been hoping back on lately. I did notice that more people that usually got on during the Halloween event. Which was really cool (thanks to everyone that put that together) and the custom items gained from the event are really sweet.

I was thinking about that and remembered that 1.12 lets you create custom Advancements on the server. Maybe create some Advancements that give rewards based on doing specific tasks, visiting certain locations, some can even be setup so they reset every week/month. Give a reason for people to get on more frequently. 

rev_xpurple

The community is still good.  No worries there.

Also, no worries offending me.  It's all good!  You went to that other server and well, so it goes, but no you are back!  We are glad to have you back.

Note that some of the faces have changed, but there are lots of good players still on and many of us login just to screw around and chat with friends.

dba11er

Are there any old members active still? I miss this community.. some seriously great memories here. I'm glad Imgurcraft is still around! Rev, you're doing a great job. Pref left big shoes to fill and from what I can tell you are filling them very well. Hopefully I will be active more with the winter months here. It would be cool to arrange an event with some of the older members if there are any still active. Happy crafting!

Ellenoria

I'm here :D
Personally I'd be down for a server reset once 1.13 or 1.14 comes out, I would love to start over and see a new spawn town grow but I know there are lots of new people here too with builds they'd like to finish, so I'm okay with playing on the same map too.

Rose

Quote from: Ellenoria on January 04, 2018, 08:39:47 pmI'm here :D
Personally I'd be down for a server reset once 1.13 or 1.14 comes out, I would love to start over and see a new spawn town grow but I know there are lots of new people here too with builds they'd like to finish, so I'm okay with playing on the same map too.

This. I too will return when there's a mapreset, pumpkin pie and all.

FishSandwich

Quote from: Ellenoria on January 04, 2018, 08:39:47 pmI'm here :D

Probably 1.14. That update adds new terrain generation so it'd just be weird to reset the map an update before that.

Hippiecheese

A server rest would be nice, but also annoying, but also great because it won't happen again for a while.
Check out this selfie! https://i.imgur.com/cofqCUI.gifv

rev_xpurple

Yeah, at some point the new version will come out and break everything with new water.  We will likely reset then.

Hippiecheese

FishSandwich

As opposed to old water.

Hippiecheese

Oh, well that explains it. :)

FishSandwich

Glad we cleared that up.

JohnathonC

April 17, 2018, 11:35:35 am #13 Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 06:23:17 am by JohnathonC
Quote from: rev_xpurple on January 22, 2018, 09:26:26 pmYeah, at some point the new review of Crazy Bulk will come out and break everything with new water.  We will likely reset then.

When might this happen, Rev? I want to be here when that happens.

rev_xpurple

1.13 is set to be released in Q2 of 2018.  So, that means any day now, or at least some time in the next two months :(

The snapshots are mostly pretty stable and most of the promised features are present, though, need a bit of tweaking.

I'll update the server as soon as I possibly can to the new version.  Don't worry about that.  I've got this.

To alive the stress of "Crap, a reset" I've enabled creative for players who want it for now.  This is so you can finish builds, play around, or explore the huge world with amazing builds.

Go Up