1.13/1.14

Started by Ellenoria, February 14, 2018, 03:09:52 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

dragginmaster

I would like to propose an idea.

semi custom mob spawners.

1: you have to find and existing mob spawner.
2: you have to pay some sort of fee, what the fee actualliy is (i.e.5 diamond blocks) whether the fee goes to some sort of community thing or the fee simply gets burned up in lava, would be up for discussion

3: player can have a spawner converted to a mob spawner that is actually able to be found in game. i.e. convert a cave spider spawner to a skeleton, zombie or normal spider spawner.

When you say "hey, didn't you see it on the forum?"

No, i did not.

Hippiecheese

but I want a wither spawner! D:
Check out this selfie! https://i.imgur.com/cofqCUI.gifv

theribz

Quote from: dragginmaster on March 18, 2018, 06:59:25 amI would like to propose an idea.

semi custom mob spawners.

1: you have to find and existing mob spawner.
2: you have to pay some sort of fee, what the fee actualliy is (i.e.5 diamond blocks) whether the fee goes to some sort of community thing or the fee simply gets burned up in lava, would be up for discussion

3: player can have a spawner converted to a mob spawner that is actually able to be found in game. i.e. convert a cave spider spawner to a skeleton, zombie or normal spider spawner.

isnt that a little too OP?
:)

rev_xpurple

I'm not sure what to say on custom mob spawners.  That is quite OP.  But, I'll bring it up with the other mods anyway.

dragginmaster

im not suggesting that any spawner be created that you could not find in game.

nor am I suggesting it be done without any work.

No, i did not.

rev_xpurple

The mods have discussed this and this may totally be a thing.  Say, a villager at spawntown that sells spawn eggs (which you can put into a natural spawner of your choosing) in exchange for say 32 emerald ore.  You know, something that can't be farmed.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I don't want to make it too OP, or break the game.  But, the option for custom spawners also reduces server load, so there is that.

FishSandwich

Like I said when we discussed this, the one thing I don't like about this is that it would work for cave spider spawners (and perhaps blaze spawners but having to build your farm in the nether above a sea of lava might be a proper trade off). Cave spider spawners are generally the most useless spawner for mob farms and that's why they're so common as to not make it gamebreaking. I remember Kasiopeia trying to build a cave spider farm on this map because she found 3 spawners all within range of each other - imagine being able to turn those into skeleton spawners.

On the other hand, I do like the idea, and wouldn't even be completely opposed against adding spawners for mobs you can't normally find, like creepers or zombie pigmen or something, because if you really wanted to, you could make farms for those anyways - just with a lot more materials, time and trail-and-error. Might as well make it easy on you guys. Perhaps against a much higher trade off alongside the emerald ores - like diamond blocks, or nether stars even?

Rose

I can see why you'd want these things, but vanilla is vanilla and I happen to love shit as vanilla as possible (excluding the bedroom, hue).
If you're gonna start selling special things for a price, where are you going to draw the line?

"Oh, he was allowed to buy a spawner change, so I want to be allowed to buy [ridiculous item that is normally unobtainable in vanilla survival]"

rev_xpurple

Rose: I totally understand your point.  The key point though being it has to be expensive in a non-farmable way.  Think of how long it would take to find 32 emerald ore :)

theribz

March 21, 2018, 01:26:21 am #39 Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:28:41 am by theribz
idk, i'm with Rosie on this one, i really don't see a point in making it easier to obtain certain spawners.

need a blaze farm? go to the nether, need a creeper farm? build one - sell gun powder - profit.

i mean whats next? shulker farms? even if you make the price ridiculous (emeralds are not hard to obtain btw).

what we COULD do, is increase the rate of spawner generation maybe?
:)

Hippiecheese

I was definitely joking about a wither spawner. I'm not a super huge fan of the whole idea myself, but it won't effect me much either since I don't fool with that stuff I do feel 32 emerald ore is a big price though, but it could be bigger seeing as how others can be paid for their emerald ores, or paid to gather them, making the chore a lot less of a chore.
Check out this selfie! https://i.imgur.com/cofqCUI.gifv

dragginmaster

March 21, 2018, 06:30:05 am #41 Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:53:44 am by dragginmaster
well if we are going to draw the line at vanilla then we don't need TP booths to areas away from spawn.

we need mob damage and fire spread turned back on.

if you build correctly you can still have nice things.

No, i did not.

Funky_Swunk

Rose

@Master Disabling mob damage and firespread is also (accidental) grief protection.

FishSandwich

March 21, 2018, 08:51:11 am #44 Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:52:58 am by FishSandwich
This topic was really just for brainstorming, a vote would be held even if we only got positive reactions.

To pick out just one thing out of the comments though:

Quote from: Rose on March 20, 2018, 07:37:44 pm"Oh, he was allowed to buy a spawner change, so I want to be allowed to buy [ridiculous item that is normally unobtainable in vanilla survival]"

Quote from: theribz on March 21, 2018, 01:26:21 ami mean whats next? shulker farms? even if you make the price ridiculous

I said that if changing spawners was going to go through in the first place, changing the spawner to a mob not normally found in spawners might be an idea if that mob was already farmable in some other way. This would, for example, not include shulkers, because you can't farm those to begin with. I'm thinking in the realm of things you can already do but making them easier. That's exactly where the line is, so those doomsday theories are both out the window.

Also, let me be perfectly clear: I'm against the ability to change spawners, but if the majority of the community votes in favor, I'd like to go all the way and add things like creeper and pigmen spawners.

Go Up