The path to 1.13

Started by rev_xpurple, February 27, 2018, 12:49:44 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rev_xpurple

February 27, 2018, 12:49:44 am Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:55:30 am by rev_xpurple
As we all know, 1.13 will be out soon.  We will be upgrading here shortly after it comes out.

Give it a week or two to make sure the bugs are worked out for the most part and I can setup a test server.

The real question is map reset or not?  Water physics and other things change.  Not to mention new natural structures.

I'll be holding a vote to see what people want to do.  But, I'm leaning to a reset as I think it would be the best thing.  This is due to how it's going to break pretty much every grinder on the server.  It will also change lots of auto-farms as items now float instead of sink.  Also, the current map is about two years old.  Starting fresh is fun ;)

Please share your opinions.

rev_xpurple

Just to add, if we reset the map I will provide a download copy for anyone who wants.  It's currently around 15 gigs or so.

Hippiecheese

I vote for a reset. New world, new home, new desert, new castle, new everything. PLUS on the last couple days, end of the world party. Anything goes, firespread on, looting, fighting, stealing, breaking, exploding, all the fun stuff that we don't like to admit is fun. we'll just save a copy of a world before that begins.
Check out this selfie! https://i.imgur.com/cofqCUI.gifv

Rose

I am so ready for a reset! I also think that's gonna bring back a lot of other people.

murdick

reset.

world download.

end of server = a week of creative and/or spectator mode. reasoning: I haven't seen all the sights.

Rose

And then we blow everything up!

rev_xpurple

I am totally cool with an end of the world party before the reset. Week long?  Sure!

lolarules388

Personally, I'd vote for a world restart. I also really love the end of the world party idea!

MiningMarten

Do it, just do it :) Rev for president
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

rev_xpurple

WE ARE NOT DEAD!  It's just taking forever for the release to come out.

Go Up