New here :) Couple of things I am wondering

Started by cjisfire, May 31, 2018, 03:56:58 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

cjisfire

Hey I just downloaded MC again and really wanted to play on a server, so here I am

I am just getting whitelisted and was wondering

How far would I have to travel to see any resources as I imagine it is quite pillaged
Any big community projects?
Anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you!

bobbobogaming

Firstly you should know that most of us are waiting on the new update so the server isn't to active and we will do a reset some time after the update.
There aren't really any big community projects atm, for the same reason.

And when it comes to resources. every thing else than mineing should be easy to get every where. when it comes to mineing: we dont mine at main spawn. there may be problems mineing in the population dense areas, there should be much problems every where else, i whould say check the map: http://server.imgurcraft.com:8123/#

rev_xpurple

From the looks of it we should have the new update in a week or two.  I really hope so.

dragginmaster

When you say "hey, didn't you see it on the forum?"

No, i did not.

rev_xpurple

Yes, temp world goes live later tomorrow.  When I get around to it.  Less than 24 hours.

Hi_Mister

Just throwing out an idea for the new world, but as shown with the temp map, afk fishing is kind of the cheap was for someone who doesn't have much supplies to become rich without much effort. I have always felt it kind of knocks the natural way of advancement in the game out of order. I feel a discouragement of afk fishing till we advanced to a certain point could be good for the server, but I will defiantly understand if this idea is unreasonable or isn't felt to be good for the server.

dragginmaster

it is quite possible to use an afk fish farm while not being afk.

When you say "hey, didn't you see it on the forum?"

No, i did not.

FishSandwich

I feel like with these types of things, it's always difficult to draw a line. If we somehow prohibit a mechanic that's in the vanilla game, that opens a slew of other mechanics someone else might find "unfair" and thinks should be discouraged. While on one hand, afk fishing is a relatively cheap way to get items without investing a lot of time, someone who does not have a lot of time might find building a mob farm unfair. And if you do have a lot of time but spend it afk fishing, well, you're still giving up that time to afk fish. As far as I'm concerned, afk fishers just give you enchants at a slower rate than a mob farm, but cause less lag in the process, so I'm okay with them.

rev_xpurple

Rose

If it's possible in vanilla and doesn't lag or hurt anyone, I don't see an issue either.

Go Up