Loot tables/custom crafting/command blocks (refreshing memory post)

Started by Ellenoria, July 27, 2018, 01:42:00 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellenoria

I know we already had a couple topics about this but I'd like to put them all in one post to refresh memories. (and I also didn't want to necro a bunch of old posts)

1: loot tables
are we planning on doing any custom mob loot like dragon dropping elytras or custom loot tables for dungeon loot and stuff?

It'd be cool to, instead of making shulker spawners like what was discussed and dismissed, make them drop 1-2 shells 100% of the time, making shells less of a pain to get, while not overloading the world with shulker boxes because there will still be a finite amount of them.

2: custom crafting
are we planning on doing any custom crafting recipes?

I think it would be cool to have crafting recipes for redying wool and stuff, and possibly crafting recipes for rarer uncraftables/nonrenewables. Like maybe crafting regular clay balls out of dirt and slime, or pieces of quartz (or quartz blocks) out of netherrak, iron, and flint.

These are just examples, although clay and quartz are harder to come by once more people start popping in and recipes would make it much easier on builders since clay's not useful for crafting and you usually only need a small amount of quartz for redstone stuff

I know people were asking about custom crafting but some of the recipes seemed a bit too overpowered and not everyone had an agreement on them.

3: command blocks
are we having anything special like enderman not able to pick up blocks?

also, instead of a 1 person sleep system we could have a % based system so if someone needs the night available they have time to speak up, and the majority of people here are very cooperative and understanding, I know that people had mixed opinions on a one person system so this could be a middle ground.

Like I said I know we've talked about this stuff before but it's difficult looking through the various posts and pages to find everyone's opinions about it. These are also time consuming and difficult to make work correctly sometimes, so I'm not expecting anything special because rev's doing this from his free time and i'd rather not put any stress on him or the mods for something that we don't necessarily need. These are just possible middle grounds to a few of the discussions I read.

If interested I will post links to videos that show you how to do some of them.

rev_xpurple

Loot tables:

Yes, that would be good.  And we do have plans on that.

Custom Crafting:

Agreed.  Some items are either impossible to get, or almost impossible.  Best to fix that.

Command Blocks:

Mob griefing is turned off so enderman should not be able to pick items up.  Though, it also breaks villager breeders for now till we get the right plugin working.  Soon.

Rose

I am okay with doing the dragon like the last map, pure so everyone can actually get one so we don't get an elite of players later that have all the special stuff.
I feel like we had enough shulker chests on the last map, but I can budge for that idea for preventing player elite.

The custom crafting thing is really not necessary in my opinion. Quartz in not that rare, clay isn't rare at all. We have a 20k by 20k map, we are really not gonna run out of clay. The nether is 2,5k by 2,5k. Which is absolutely plenty of room to get quartz.

If one person wants it to turn day now, you can just ask if players either want to sleep or can log out for 10 seconds. And if that's not possible, it's literally 10 min until day again.

In short, prevent player elite, whilst preserving vanilla as much as possible.

dragginmaster

i'd like to see some simple custom crafting like, turnin wool blocks into string, as you can turn string into wool blocks it'd be nice to be able to reverse that even if you get less string back than it takes to make a wool block
When you say "hey, didn't you see it on the forum?"

No, i did not.

Go Up