Custom Crafting!

Started by rev_xpurple, August 06, 2018, 12:01:02 pm

previous topic - next topic

Should we do this?

Yes!
1 (14.3%)
Yes, but make the stuff super expensive.
6 (85.7%)
No! - Please explain below
0 (0%)
I don't care.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 13, 2018, 12:01:02 pm

Go Down

rev_xpurple

We now have the option of custom crafting.  It was enabled on the server for a few hours last night and reception was generally positive.  Though, not entirely.

The main thing I'd like to do is make things that are otherwise very, very difficult to find craftable.  Examples,  Totem of undying, horse armor and the like.  As the map gets older and specific loots are found they will never be replenished.  Adding custom crafting of a few specific items so they can be enjoyed by other players later on in the game.

The key is to make them expensive so there isn't an unlimited supply.  Or, at least, not an easy unlimited supply.

Anyway, this can now be done.  The real question is, should it be, and at what price?

I'd like opinions here.

This poll will run for one week.

Sarkitis

As Rose and Fish have pointed out already, some things are too cheap with the previously introduced recipes.

For example a diamond horse armour should rather cost blocks of diamonds, instead of single diamonds, as this would somewhat reflect the difficulty with which they're to obtain.

Saddles don't need a recipe, I am loaded with them, as many others too and happy to share 90% of that loot.

We should gather the recipes that we think are actually necessary and figure out together what the pricing for them should be.
Hurdurdur. No.

Hippiecheese

I'm totally up for craftable shit, that would make life a little easier for hermit people like myself! I won't have to interact with people as much for trading if I don't want to, and I can focus on my own projects and shenanigans. However, we don't want the value of everything to crash and nobody need trade anything. If the reaction to finding it in the wild is anything like "What the fuck, I could have just MADE this." it's way too cheap. It should be about as difficult as teaching your grandmother how to play Minecraft. Totally possible through hours of hard work, but you could also try to find someone else's grandma that already knows how to play.

TL:DR Yes, but make it expensive as fuck. If everyone has cool shit, nobody has cool shit.
Check out this selfie! https://i.imgur.com/cofqCUI.gifv

Braeska

I agree with sarkitis, saddles don't really need a recipe, (but i'm biased because i'm supplying a ton) Otherwise I like the recipes posted in discord so far. I think what we have is fair
-Braeska

NiJo26

i think saddles could be crafted, something with leather, iron, and a lead. i saw the recipe for elytra - im not sure how rare phantom membranes are but if they are then that should be perfect. things like the totem of undying should be insanely difficult to get though, but i cant think of anything rare enough to make it out of.

rev_xpurple

Quote from: NiJo26 on August 09, 2018, 12:55:51 ami think saddles could be crafted, something with leather, iron, and a lead. i saw the recipe for elytra - im not sure how rare phantom membranes are but if they are then that should be perfect. things like the totem of undying should be insanely difficult to get though, but i cant think of anything rare enough to make it out of.

How about blocks of gold, blocks of emerald and a dragon head?

dragginmaster

i was thinking of a recipe for a trident

iron bar | iron bar | iron bar
diamond  | iron block | diamond
emerald | iron block | emerald
When you say "hey, didn't you see it on the forum?"

No, i did not.

Go Up