Isn't there anything that can be done about this stuff?

Started by yoeppy, December 21, 2016, 12:46:02 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

yoeppy

This is just a moment on the forums. I'm personally quite annoyed by this, as i find it to obscure forums like this one.
Clearly there are people/bots that don't give a crap about the community, but isn't it possible to at least check the IP of the posters? And if so, considering the speed at which they get back on a new account once one has been deleted/kicked, can there be a check to see if they use the same IP (and if so, can it be banned?)

No need to reply, i'm just wondering, and i guess i'll notice the answer when/if it's executed.

Edit: This is in no way meant to disrespect the moderators. Always love to see you guys online and in action (Looking at you, Marten ;) )

yoeppy

The image failed, so here's the file as an attachment instead.

yoeppy

Also, please note that these "users" usually post 9 messages, usually with the same or similar content, either a huge, divided message, or a link to an online shoes-store. After these 9 messages, the accounts seem to lurk on the website for a few minutes before going offline. This afternoon (around 3pm GMT+2), several accounts have been lurking for about 15 minutes, then posting their last messages after i submitted a report.

Rose

I sent a message to Rev about this and something else a few days ago as well.
It's just not funny anymore at this point.

yoeppy

Quote from: Rose on December 21, 2016, 02:20:58 pm
It's just not funny anymore at this point.

I know, right... I know every forum has these posts, but this is just... wow...
Just an example: i've been gone for about 3 hours, and come back to the attachments...

Funky_Swunk

rev_xpurple

Quote from: yoeppy on December 21, 2016, 12:46:02 pm

This is just a moment on the forums. I'm personally quite annoyed by this, as i find it to obscure forums like this one.
Clearly there are people/bots that don't give a crap about the community, but isn't it possible to at least check the IP of the posters? And if so, considering the speed at which they get back on a new account once one has been deleted/kicked, can there be a check to see if they use the same IP (and if so, can it be banned?)

No need to reply, i'm just wondering, and i guess i'll notice the answer when/if it's executed.

Edit: This is in no way meant to disrespect the moderators. Always love to see you guys online and in action (Looking at you, Marten ;) )

We have been banning the IPs of offending posters and removing the accounts :(

MiningMarten

December 22, 2016, 02:16:35 am #7 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:29:50 am by MiningMarten
Quote from: rev_xpurple on December 21, 2016, 06:03:33 pm
We have been banning the IPs of offending posters and removing the accounts :(

Like every day at least 10 i think.. i´ts indeed a very anoying situation D:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but all adresses are russian or either based around the search engine Yandex..
just puttin it out here..
https://media.giphy.com/media/isP4TLqhjm3zq/giphy.gif
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

Rose

You guys shouldn't have to work this hard on getting all of it removed. Waste of time you could spend watching birbs. But you do it anyway, cause you are golden.

yoeppy

Quote from: MiningMarten on December 22, 2016, 02:16:35 am

Like every day at least 10 i think.. i´ts indeed a very anoying situation D:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but all adresses are russian or either based around the search engine Yandex..
just puttin it out here..

Oh wow .-. Yeah, that's a lot of work for a few volunteers who just want a fun place to hang out .-.
Really appreciate the effort <3
And yeah, i've noticed that. Their "@mail.ru" accounts don't seem to exist anymore, though. After pressing past the "we can't check this certificate" warning, it shows that i'm either looking for a deleted/suspended account, or that i don't have permission to be there. But i'm fairly sure i didn't need such permission a few years ago.

Go Up