Lumber Depot now offering yummy sinful Apples

Started by Borderlad, March 10, 2017, 09:34:41 pm

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Borderlad

March 10, 2017, 09:34:41 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:37:41 pm by Borderlad
Howdy all!

One byproduct of growing and chopping oodles of oak trees for all your woodly desires [you're welcome, Fish] is that I find myself with way more apples than a single Borderlad has need of.  Just the other day, the shop steward of the Chickens Union (Cluckers & Layers Local 512) kicked in my door and asked, "Hey boss, what's with all the freakin' apples?  There's no room left for us to cluck!"  The steward was somewhat less polite than that, actually, but I trust you get the idea.  So it seems prudent to find a way to remove them.  -The apples, not the chickens.  Chickens got beaks, and it hurts when crowds of 'em get mad.  Everything goes all feathers & pain.

So, rather than dump all my apples into the Trashinator 9000 (TM), I figured I might see if anybody else has a need for the delicious fruit that got a couple prehistoric scofflaws kicked off the lawn.

I went to my in-house grocer, a loudmouthed fellow named Donnie, and asked him what he usually charges for apples...
  "I'm glad you asked, Laddie.  Can I call you Laddie?"
  "No.  That's not-"
  "Great!  Now Laddie, I sell my apples for two diamond blocks each.  They're good apples, see.  The best apples.  They're sprinkled with mold, and fortified with worms.  Mold, see, that's where penicillin comes from, so it's a good thing.  A great thing!  And the worms, they're big, see, really big.  They're YUUGE!  We're gonna make apples great again.  We're gonna-"

At this point, I pulled a lever and opened the trapdoor beneath his merchant stall, dropping him down the Dr. Evil Chute (TM) onto a magma block surrounded by cacti.  The memory of his agonized screams and death rattle will nourish my soul for weeks to come.

I have since hired a new grocer, who feels that 1 emerald is a fair price for 6 of his apples.
I figure I can offer mine for less.

I am beginning with my apples priced at 1 emerald for 10 apples.

If I find I still have more apples than I need, and if the very assertive Chickens Union steward continues making...  *suggestions* that I make more room still for all their noisy fu -clucking, then I will bring the price down even more.  We will see.

So, while you already know Borderlad's Lumber Depot as the place to go to get wood, we are now also your underground go-to for the fruit of sin!

[Alright, Fish, I just hung a curve right over the plate for you.  Do what you will.  ;) ]

Go Up