Recent lag and cause, help needed.

Started by rev_xpurple, April 03, 2017, 10:23:20 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rev_xpurple

It's sucked lately.  I know.

I've been out of town, but am back now.  And I've finally figured out the problem.  There was / is a dead hard drive in the raid array that the server runs on.  I've kicked it out for now and performance should be normal now.  Though, this does require a replacement.  I'm running raid6 so I can handle two drive failures at the same time without any data loss.

I've got amazon prime and can have one in a couple days with no issue.  Only problem is that I'm currently rather broke.  A new cheap drive would be $60, but I'd prefer to get one a better than that for faster performance.  So, $90.

Small donations would be welcome to help offset the cost.  $5 or $10 from a few people would really make a difference.  My paypal address is xpurple@xpurple.com

If you choose to donate then thank you.  But do not feel obligated to do so.

Rose

I wouldn't mind helping out here, however I do not have Paypal. Maybe I can pass it on through Marten, though.

chesterqw

Bless the raids down in imgurcraft server
( ยด-ω・)︻┻┳══━一
Abide by the rules or get sniped.

rev_xpurple

New drive ordered!  Thank you for those who donated!

As for how things are going to go down.

Server will remain in operation.  No fear.  Continue to play as normal even in the degrated mode.  In a couple days I will get the new drive.  There will be an hour or so of downtime and then I'll have everything back up.

During the rebuild process the server will be operational, but will be laggy.  There is nothing that can be done about this.  It should only take a day or so to rebuild.  You are welcome to play while this happens.

Borderlad

Quote from: rev_xpurple on April 03, 2017, 05:55:15 pm
New drive ordered!  Thank you for those who donated!

As for how things are going to go down....

Thank you for the detective work, the quick action, and the preemptive explanation!   :)

rev_xpurple

Drive is out for delivery.  Once it shows up I'll power down and install.  I'll post when I do that so there is no confusion.

rev_xpurple

New driver is here.  Preparing to shut down.  Downtime should be about an hour.

rev_xpurple

Drive has been replaced.  Server is back up.

Note that there may be some lag for the next 24/48 hours due to the raid rebuild.

MiningMarten

Indiana Rev and the Raids of the lost Lag.
Have a nice day! | Co-Owner of Pasific? | https://imgur.com/a/XLAlvAh

rev_xpurple

New drive has been absorbed into the raid array with no problems.  Thank you all!

The_ribz

Tak you rev and everyone who donated!

Go Up