Server lag and being booted?

Started by abite, December 06, 2016, 03:21:34 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

abite

I just got back after a decent break and am surprised to see all the new changes... But I'm finding that there is quite a bit more server lag, and I'm getting booted out quite frequently. The lag is pretty bad at times and the error I'm getting when booted is this: http://imgur.com/a/IJnQF ; Which essentially means it lagged out either on my end or the Servers (I know my end is running just fine).

Rose

Your end is indeed fine, it's the server that has a few issues at the moment. Lag and getting kicked out sadly is the norm at this point. Rev is working on it.
There's also talk of the map being corrupted and a possible rollback, there's info about that here.

rev_xpurple

Quote from: abite on December 06, 2016, 12:07:30 pm
ugh  :'(

Dealing with raid rebuilds after several power loss issues.  This is over at this point and should not continue to be a problem.  If it is, let me know.

abite

rev_xpurple

I've made a few more changes and lets see if it survives the day.  Failing that I'll copy the current map (nothing lost) and move it over to a clean install.

ericchoicares

December 10, 2016, 01:53:28 pm #6 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:55:20 pm by ericchoicares
I've been experiencing strong lag since the server switch. I understand and appreciate the effort put into establishing the foundation of the server; however, I'd like some stability particularly hosting the server on an offsite dedicated server. I don't know the witchcraft magic our previous overlord Pref casted but it was a system that worked. Discuss amongst ourselves but I will be donating in the near future to help us get on some dedicated server service.

p.s. can we get some megaloo thread to discuss/mention progress on the server for transparency purposes.

rev_xpurple

Understood.  I've had a series of issues since the switchover which have resulted in a cascade of issues.

Power problems, possible file system corruption, drive loss.

I've just moved the server to a new vm which just went online now.  Lets see how that works.

As for moving to somewhere with more bandwidth, that's very much desired by all of us, myself included.

As of right now it should be fine with 6-8 players at once with no problem.

jakeNightShade

Dont even get me started on this topic

rev_xpurple

Quote from: jakeNightShade on December 26, 2016, 03:48:00 pm
Dont even get me started on this topic

It should have been pretty good for the last couple weeks since things have been stable again.

If you are having issues, please let me know otherwise I don't know about them.

Go Up